Only you: Agnes Huettel in Cary Santiago

CEBU, Philippines - “Run, Tyler, run,” Agnes Huettel cheers her 10 year-old son Tyler on, playing at a football field.
“I know Tyler would say I’m too loud, but I also know that he likes it. He likes it when I watch his game.”
It’s a priceless mother-and-son moment. To support her son, Agnes takes a break from managing the furniture store she established with husband and furniture designer Gregg, Allison Tyler Luxury Home Furnishings at the Design Center.
For a novelty business of customizing furniture pieces, it would be a little difficult to get out of her office, but on this particular afternoon, she surprises her son. “I always make time for my kids. I don’t want them to feel left out, just because I’ve expanded our business,” she says.
Eight-year old Allison, on the other hand, enjoys dressing up. And if ever she’d grow up into someone who shares the same style aesthetics with her mom, she would be a Cary Santiago client.
“I like Cary Santiago’s take on details. His design always has a wow factor,” Agnes describes. In return, Cary has been generous to her. For her 40th birthday, he gave her a pink jersey gown with wrought iron at the back.
You can expect him to go full haute couture on the runway, but once he thinks of real women, he knows where to put his techniques.
Say, a fully beaded black serpentine dress Agnes wore to a ball, which caught the attention of Inno Sotto—or the black and white origami dress that no longer needs statement accessories.
And so there’s trust: “Cary knows my body so well that I no longer come back for final fitting.”