Bike lane, trees to make pedaling cool

DESPITE exhaustion and body pain, participating in the Bike and Board Green Lungs Tour was a fun and fulfilling experience. I felt an excitement rush excitement as I started to pedal my bicycle. I was among the 250 individuals who took part to a very important activity pushing towards a livable Cebu. The overcast sky made the summertime bike traversing 15 kilometers a less exhausting ride. Even with so many bikers at the right side of the lane, I still felt afraid biking at a highway full of speeding vehicles driven by some inconsiderate and reckless drivers. As a newbie in biking the experience made me understand why bikers strongly fell about the need to create bike lanes and walkable sidewalks. After series of stops and breaks, the cool breeze brought by the trees as we pedaled inside Camp Lapu-Lapu made me feel great. As we ended the ride and returned at West Gorordo Hotel, and 15 kilometers behind us, the fatigues has been covered by smiling faces./Correspondent Joy Cherry Quito